The retail business revolves around the valued customers and their experience. It is about the transactions involving sellers selling their goods directly to the customer.
Almost 50 percent of consumers noted that they prefer to shop at a physical retail store and try the products before paying for them. But one cannot ignore the fact that online market has increased the completion. And to be successful in a highly competitive market, you need to provide a great Customer Experience.
So how will you monitor and improve Customer Experience? You first need to understand your customers experience and how they feel about doing business with your brand. For this you need to gather Customer Feedback.
For a retail business, requesting customer feedback is an extraordinary method for understanding the issues your customers may have and improving your operation, service, and products.
The Importance of Customer Feedback
Brick and mortar retailers need to understand customer needs to optimize retail experience. Retailers can collect in-store customer feedback to provide exceptional customer experience that their customers are looking for when they are shopping in-store or online.
Carrying out retail customer feedback surveys in the moment when customers are shopping in-store as well as post-purchase, will provide valuable data and insights to retail brands what customers are thinking and their experience.
The customer feedback can provide valuable information on customer service, products variety and quality, checkout experience and store layout and facilities such as parking. The insights will highlight key aspects of the brand and operation for brands with multi-location which gives the retail brands the ability to fix problems at the root and identify trends before they become issues.
Retail Customer Survey Recommendations
Getting customers feedback, in your store, immediately after making a purchase is difficult. To get a reasonable response rate from your retail customers take following point in account.
Ask customer at the right time
In moment feedback fresh after service increases the response rate. If you ask for feedback as customers are in-store or right after purchase as leaving the store the chances are higher that they share their feedback and their true opinion.
Ask the right question
While you might want to ask many different questions about different aspect of the experience, better not to do it. Customers are tired of long surveys. Keep it short an to the point by asking one single question related to the touchpoint. This will increase the response rate.
Make it easy to respond
Customers will not go to the burden of entering a 12-digit code with a website link on a receipt to give you feedback. They want to share their opinion if it is simple and easy for them. Feedback kiosk, SMS feedback or alternatively a QR on receipt are good methods to collect customer feedback.
Best Retail Survey Question to Ask from Customers
Knowing what to ask is important in collecting customer feedback. Here we have listed the best 45 retail survey questions you can ask your retail customers to understand their needs and experience gaps to make quick and long-term improvement.
NPS surveys are an extraordinary method for checking the general satisfaction levels of your customers and if they would recommend your brand. It's known as The Ultimate Question. The questions are scaled from 0 to 10, 0 being 'Not Likely' and 10 being ‘Extremely Likely’.
- How likely are you to recommend our store to your friends and family?
2- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) Question
CSAT surveys are a decent strategy to gauge Customer Satisfaction. The CSAT question asked to the customers is usually 3 or 5 choices.
- How pleased would you say you were with your experience with us?
3- Customer Effort Score (CES) Question
CES is essentially to know the amount of effort your customers need to make with your brand to get their question and issue resolved.
- How easy was it to get your query resolved?
4- General Satisfaction Questions
General Satisfaction questions are fundamental and require the most straightforward of customer replies. Numerous decision questions need the customers to return exclusively by choosing a rating among the accessible choices on anything they have been inquired about. You can likely enquire these general satisfaction questions from your customers:
- Please rate the shopping experience you had today.
- Do you like the return policies of our store?
- How satisfied are you with the products offered?
- How fair are the prices compared to similar retailers?
- How satisfied are you with the value for money of your purchase?
- How would you rate the environment and cleanliness of the store?
- How would you rate our store regarding quickness and ease of shopping?
5- Demographic questions
Demographic questions are those that request demographic subtleties from the customers. It incorporates the attributes of your customers, for example, race, age, education, ethnicity, gender, profession, income level, occupation, marital status, etc. Here are a few demographic questions you can ask your customers.
- What is your age group?
- Kindly select your educational qualification.
- Select gender.
Product-related questions are centered around taking the feedback concerning the products at your retail store or site. Replies to these questions help in product advancement, product improvement, remembering new products or collections for your business, and taking business choices connected with products. These are some of the product information you can ask customers:
- Did you find what you were looking for today?
- How can you rate our product's qualities?
- How often do we have what you’re looking for in stock?
- What category of products did you like the most at our store?
- Did we advertise something that we did not have in-store?
- Was the store staff supportive to help you find the products you were looking for?
- How satisfied are you with the selection of products?
Service-related questions center around getting the Customer Feedback connected with the customer service your retail image gives. You can enquire about these to get feedback concerning your customer service.
- How happy are you with our customer service?
- How would you rate the proficiency of our staff?
- How well did the staff understand your needs?
- Did someone help you while you were shopping today?
- How friendly was the staff?
- How satisfied are you with the resolution of your customer service issue?
- How satisfied are you with the return policy?
When you are running a retail store, customers might like your products and services, yet the location of your store is not effectively open or assessable for them. Sometimes, it can turn into a central point influencing your sales. In addition, the store's climate can also affect the purchase choice of the purchasers. These are the questions you could ask your customers:
- Do you feel pleased with the parking facility?
- How often do you visit this store?
- How convenient are the store opening hours?
- How fitting do you feel the opening hours of our store are?
- How would you rate the cleanliness of the fitting rooms?
- What would you rate the ambiance and environment of our store?
- How satisfied are you with the wait time at checkout?
9- Open-ended questions
Open-ended questions are those where you give your customers the option to share anything they feel about their experience shopping at your retail store or online. The significant benefit is that you get rich information as genuine customer experiences as would be natural for them. You can incorporate open-ended questions like these:
- How can you describe the general shopping experience at our store?
- What do you love most about our store?
- How did you hear about us?
- What did you dislike about our store?
- What change do you want to be made at our store?
- What other stores did you consider purchasing this product from?
- Would you like to propose anything to us? If yes, feel free to share your idea here.
10- Follow-up questions
Follow-up questions are those you can use after a response to know the explanation for their response. They are typically open-ended questions that you can use alongside an NPS, CSAT, or CES survey or after yes/no questions to explain the specific response decisions. Additionally, you can follow up with the customers regarding detailed feedback or an issue. A few sample of these questions are:
- Could you kindly let us in on the explanation for such a review?
- It would be good to understand what prompted you to feel so.
- Can you please let us know why you picked this choice?
- Kindly recommend the alternate way round that could encourage you.
Do you want to deliver a retail customer experience that will endure over the long haul? Do you experience challenges in understanding what customers need from your retail store? Begin to collect continuous and vital and essential retail customer feedback using PXP Retail Experience Management Platform. Empower your retail business with fully automated, real-time, journey-based, and omnichannel feedback collection and customer experience insights in the moment of service.
At Press'nXPress, our CX Cloud Insights platform enables your company to capture customer feedback continuously and simply with non-intrusive methods. The insights identify the main drivers that are contributing to the brand’s customer satisfaction. The data aggregates across locations as well as for individual locations will enable your company to make data-driven decisions that will improve processes, services, operation which will create superior customer experience, customer loyalty, and growth.
Are you looking to create and automate surveys by yourself? Get a taste of our retail experience management software today and start listening to your customers in real-time and delight your retail customers with the delivery of exceptional experiences.
Our continuous simple question survey typically tend to boost survey responses and create pleasant experiences. Most of your customers will complete your survey as they would be pleased to provide feedback when it is simple and relevant question. Press’nXPress feedback solution is designed to provide retail businesses with everything they require to immediately launch a top-tier customer experience initiative.
Our mission at Press'nXPress is to help our clients improve customer satisfaction by continuously monitoring customer experience. You can reach out to our experts to see how PXP Retail Feedback Solution can benefit your business today! If you have questions or would like to learn more, get in touch. Reach out and talk to us.